Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Whirlwind and Ramblings called life....

Where to start...it's been so long.

Well the middle of October they packed up our house and we lived with a friend of ours for a couple of weeks to tie up loose ends in VA. Finally on Halloween we were able to make our way to our new/old home in TN and arrived just in time (after two days of traveling) to take the children Trick or Treating. I called them on the cell phone, just as we were rounding the corner on the final stretch to my grandmother's house and asked if they were ready to go TorTing....and they said yep, I said well come outside and give momma a hug..and they dropped the phone and came running out with open arms and tears. It was a long month away from my children.

So we took them to a couple of local churches, here in TN to go Trunk or treating, and they had a wonderful time. Unfortunately since I have been here I haven't taken any pictures, but plan to in the next couple of days to add to my blog.

Breanna and Jadan were pretty sick, running fevers when I got here. Took them to the doctor and found out Breanna had strep. and Jadan had double ear infections. Got that all straight and then everyone seemingly healed pretty quickly.

We went out the day after Halloween and I found the home of my dreams. We have more room than we had in VA at half the price....it's amazing what they can do with mobile homes now days...but I am happy with this, and plan on making it last for years to come.

It was a long trek, playing the "hurry up and wait game." Many bumps along the way but after Thanksgiving the road seemed take a turn for the better. We got the septic tank laid, the electric installed, and even as I type they are finally putting the underpinning on the house. I feel much more comfortable here and it's starting to feel like home.

I left my best friend in VA, and miss her dearly, but hopefully by the end of next year she will be on here way down here to join us. Jamie sweets....I love ya hun. Life just isn't the same without you. I will stop...no tears, and hanging on to the dream. Just know you are in my thoughts daily, very often.

So the kids are in school, and doing very well. They all have Christmas programs starting Wednesday, and ending with their half day Christmas parties on Friday. Then it is off to holiday celebrations....Jadan and Jordan turn SEVEN on 12/20....I can't believe it....where has the time gone...my little babies...errr boys....are getting so big. You all will never know just how much momma (and daddy)love you all so much.

So a little about the house. I finally have a fireplace, and a huge island in my kitchen..and more than enough room in my living room/dining room. The older two have their own room and the boys share a room, all with HUGE walk in closets.

My bedroom (my sanctuary) is huge as well. In my old bedroom you could hardly move around with the furniture we needed. Here my room looks bare with so little in it. My bathroom on the other hand..is just wonderful. I have a huge garden tub with steps up to it, and a double walk-in shower. I couldn't ask for more.

Norm is still doing the job search thing, since he retires at the end of the month...so keep us in your prayers...all goes well.

Well I have rambled on for long enough. Since I don't have pictures right now...I guess I will update again when I can add pictures.

Thanks to everyone that has asked what's been going on and wanting to know how we are all doing.

No comments: