Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Legacy & Norm's Pictures

I finally got around to scanning some my husband's pictures, that I have been aiming to work on. He doesn't know what I have been upto........I hope he will like what I did with them. I tried to bring out the primary colors hoping to bring out the playful/little boy side of his personality.

It's amazing when you start out one direction on a layout and then suddenly you realize it took a turn somewhere in the layers. This layout was supposed to be called: Stole my heart, about when our love was new...but it took a turn to be more I admire and cherish you. Anyway...I think the layout says it all.



This is a legacy layout I have been wanting to do, however I just haven't been able to get the perfect composition of pictures that I liked. I wanted to use color, yet all my photo's seemed to be a combo that didn't quite all fit together. I was sitting here looking at the post card and just decided to change them all the pictures to sepia tones and I think it turned out pretty well. I am finally happy with it, and was able to journal my thoughts after almost twenty-one years. I am very grateful to have had this wonderful, kind, caring, loving, one of God's Angels in my life. I can only hope to leave such a legacy for my children and grandchildren someday.



Journaling:
When you were little your family owned a Dairy Farm.

You went on to marry and have three boys who adored you.

God graced you with a love beyond understanding, peace to deal with life and health, and an unwavering dedication to your faith.

You were truly a woman after God's Heart.

You taught me to love myself, and even though we don't always understand others, to try to give them the benefit of doubt.

You struggled daily with life, but always had a smile on your face.

You were never frivolous, and always made do with what you were blessed with.

You cooked, cleaned, worshipped God, and made your family your top priority.

You always made people feel special.

We loved you and miss you daily.

I can only hope to be...Just like you.

No comments: